Conservation Emergency Regulations
DROUGHT PROMPTS STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD (SWRCB) TO IMPLEMENT EMERGENCY
LAKE HEMET MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT CALLS FOR MANDATORY WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES
Lake Hemet Municipal Water District has imposed Stage III water conservation measures
in all of its service areas because of the continuing drought and the State of California’s
call to action against wasteful use.
Mandatory Emergency Water Conservation measures, which are intended to achieve an overall District reduction in water use by 28%, are expected to be in force until February 2016 or until otherwise
directed by the SWRCB.
All water users are immediately urged to follow the mandatory regulations:
The Lake Hemet MWD Board of Directors adopted Resolution No. 752 including some new mandatory restrictions as follows:
- No person shall cause any water to flow away from property owned,
occupied, or controlled by such person, in any gutter, ditch, or any other manner
over the surface of the ground as to constitute water waste runoff.
- No water shall be used to wash down sidewalks, driveways, or parking
areas, except to alleviate fire or sanitary hazard.
- No person shall cause or allow any water to be wasted due to sub-standard,
leaky or faulty outdoor water fixtures or water-using distribution
- Water from fire hydrants, except for construction and dust control
purposes, shall not be used for any purpose other than to fight fires or other activities
where such use is immediately necessary to maintain the health, safety and welfare
of the residences of the District.
- Landscape irrigation will only be allowed on even or odd days according
to the last digit of the property location address. “Even” is Monday, Wednesday,
Friday and “Odd” is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday with no watering on Sunday. Landscape
irrigation will only be allowed during the hours of 5 PM to 9 AM (restricted between
9 AM and 5 PM).
- The washing of autos, boats, trailers, or building only form a
hand bucket, or hose equipped with a positive shut off device, and then only for
- No water shall be used to clean, fill or maintain levels of decorative
fountains, ponds, lakes, or other similar aesthetic structures unless such water
is a part of a recycling system of with the use of reclaim wastewater.
- Water will not be used for the flushing of sewer lines and the flushing of water mains will not be allowed, except for immediate health and safety reasons or by special written permission by the General Manager.
8a. The District will allow an exemption from the watering schedule if an ET based controller is installed and operating. The ET Controller Exemption Form must be completed and the installation verified by a licensed landscape architect or LHMWD staff.
8b. Watering schedules must be adhered to at all times. The District requires advance written notice of any maintenance activities requiring water use between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- No person shall irrigate turf or ornamental landscapes during and 48 hours following measurable precipitation.
- The District shall provide notice to restaurants and other food service establishments that they can only serve water to customers upon request.
- The District shall provide notice to operators of hotels and motels that they must provide their guests with the option of choosing not to have towels and linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option.
- The District shall prohibit irrigation with potable water of ornamental turn on public street medians.
- The District shall prohibit irrigation with potable water outside of newly constructed homes and buildings that is not delivered by drip or microspray systems.
Apply for a Free Water Audit
Lake Hemet Municipal Water District provides free water audits of homes and businesses
within our service area to help identify ways in which you can reduce your water
consumption and lower your water costs. Please call (951) 658-3241, ext. 237.
For more water saving tips and ideas visit www.h2ouse.org
For conservation tips
, visit http://www.bewaterwise.com/
. (Please note: The Watering Calculator
does not reflect local mandatory
conservation measures in effect.)
For Turf Rebates
, visit http://www.saveourwaterrebates.com/turf-replacement-rebates.html
High-Efficiency Toilet Rebates
, visit http://www.saveourwaterrebates.com/toilet-rebates.html
Save water and money
by replacing non-conserving fixtures with
water efficient items.
You may also request rebate applications. Please call (888) 376-3314 for residential rebates.